- What is the concept of scale?
- What is pair of scales?
- What is another word for measurements?
- What is a weighing machine called?
- Why is it called a pair of scales?
- What is scale short answer?
- What does scales mean in England?
- What is another name for scale?
- What is the most accurate body weight scale?
- What is the opposite of scale?
- What part of speech is scale?
- What is scale and proportion?
- Does scale have multiple meanings?
What is the concept of scale?
The spatial, temporal, quantitative, or analytical dimensions used to measure and study any phenomenon.
The size of the spatial, temporal, quantitative, or analytical dimensions of a scale..
What is pair of scales?
Noun. An apparatus for weighing. balance. scale.
What is another word for measurements?
In this page you can discover 58 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for measurement, like: estimation, height, calculation, mensuration, estimate, guess, degree, pitch, time, width and depth.
What is a weighing machine called?
the scale; the weighing machine. – a measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass 1. scale [the ~] noun. weighing machine [the ~] noun.
Why is it called a pair of scales?
The plural form, “scales,” was used soon after that to mean the weighing apparatus itself, according to OED citations. … one (often called a pair of scales) consisting of a beam which is pivoted at its middle and at either end of which a dish, pan, board, or slab is suspended.”
What is scale short answer?
countable noun. A scale is a set of levels or numbers which are used in a particular system of measuring things or are used when comparing things.
What does scales mean in England?
British English: scales /skeɪlz/ NOUN. Scales are a piece of equipment for weighing things or people.
What is another name for scale?
What is another word for scale?sizeextentbreadthrangespandegreedimensionsexpanselevelmeasure63 more rows
What is the most accurate body weight scale?
1. Most accurate scale. The sleek RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale syncs directly to your phone and tracks 13 different measurements of body composition, including body weight, BMI, and body fat percentage.
What is the opposite of scale?
What is the opposite of scale?finenesslittlenesspuninesssmallnessinsignificanceunimportancetininesspartincompleteness
What part of speech is scale?
part of speech: transitive verb. inflections: scales, scaling, scaled.
What is scale and proportion?
Scale and proportion are both design elements that have to do with size. Scale is the size of one object in relation to the other objects in a design or artwork. Proportion refers to the size of the parts of an object in relationship to other parts of the same object.
Does scale have multiple meanings?
The scale of scale is changing. Scale already has many meanings, and no wonder: each meaning has a different root. There’s the noun scale (“a machine for weighing”), which comes from the Old Norse word meaning “bowl” or “scale of a balance”; this scale originally meant “cup” or “bowl” in English.