- What supplies do you need for a pandemic?
- When was the last pandemic flu?
- How long can a flu pandemic last?
- How can you protect yourself from a flu pandemic?
- What should I stockpile for Apocalypse?
- How do you prepare for a pandemic checklist?
- What food would you need to survive a pandemic?
- What was the pandemic?
- Who is responsible for pandemic preparedness?
- What food never expires?
- What is the best survival food with long shelf life?
- What is a pandemic plan?
- How do you stockpile food for survival?
- What should I stockpile for flu pandemic?
What supplies do you need for a pandemic?
PandemicStore additional supplies of food and water.Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.More items…•.
When was the last pandemic flu?
The most recent pandemic occurred in 2009 and was caused by an influenza A (H1N1) virus. It is estimated to have caused between 100 000 and 400 000 deaths globally in the first year alone.
How long can a flu pandemic last?
It is estimated that pandemic flu will be widespread in the UK within about ten weeks of its first arriving, and will last for about three months. There may be a second wave of infection a few months later. These times are estimates, and may change.
How can you protect yourself from a flu pandemic?
Five simple steps to protect against fluGet vaccinated. Annual vaccination is the most effective way to protect yourself against flu, and serious complications. … Wash your hands regularly. Clean hands protect against many infections, including flu. … Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. … Avoid being around sick people. … If you don’t feel well, stay home.
What should I stockpile for Apocalypse?
List of emergency food to stockpileCanned meats, fruits, and vegetables (don’t forget can openers!)Flour/Wheat and Dry Yeast.Beans.Rice.Salt.Sugar.Honey.Dehydrated Milk.More items…•
How do you prepare for a pandemic checklist?
Preparedness in your communityKnow your neighbors. Talk with family, friends, and neighbors to make sure everyone is prepared. … Know school policies. Know policies about illness and being absent. … Volunteer with community groups. Assist with planning for emergency response to disasters and pandemic influenza.
What food would you need to survive a pandemic?
To prepare for a pandemic, the Department of Homeland Security recommends stocking up on a two week supply of food and water (1)….9-11. Frozen foodsMeat, fish, and poultry. Fresh meat, fish, and poultry are excellent sources of protein. … Frozen vegetables. … Yogurt popsicles.
What was the pandemic?
Related Pages. The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919.
Who is responsible for pandemic preparedness?
1. Government leadership. While all sectors of society are involved in pandemic preparedness and response, the national government is the natural leader for overall coordination and communication efforts.
What food never expires?
10 Foods That Never (or Almost Never) ExpireWhite Rice. Researchers have found. … Honey. Honey has been called the only food that truly lasts forever, thanks to its magical chemistry and the handiwork of bees. … Salt. … Soy Sauce. … Sugar. … Dried Beans. … Pure Maple Syrup. … Powdered Milk.More items…•
What is the best survival food with long shelf life?
Survival foods that have the longest shelf lifeSOFT GRAINS. Soft grains, such as barley, quinoa, rye and grits, can last up to 8 years if their package is sealed with oxygen absorbers. … HARD GRAINS. … ROLLED OATS. … WHITE RICE. … HARDTACK. … FLOUR. … DRY PASTA. … RAMEN NOODLES.More items…•
What is a pandemic plan?
A pandemic plan is a documented strategy for how an organization plans to provide essential services when there is a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease.
How do you stockpile food for survival?
4. Invest in nutritional and tasty foodsPeanut butter.Whole wheat crackers (consider vacuum packing to prolong freshness)Nuts and trail mix.Cereal (individually packaged to prolong freshness)Power bars and granola bars.Dried fruit.Canned meat such as tuna, salmon, chicken and turkey.More items…•
What should I stockpile for flu pandemic?
Healthy Food to Stockpile for Pandemic Flu Extended Home StayStock up on canned foods that contain liquid.Dry goods like rice, pasta, grains, beans, and oats.Frozen peas, carrots, spinach, berries, and the like.Ready to eat canned meats, fruits, vegetables, and soups.Protein or fruit bars.Dry cereal or granola.More items…•